Deciding whether or not to use a real estate agent once you buy or sell your next home is a question that you may have asked yourself in the past. If you are uncertain if it would be good for use a AGENT, maybe this article might help the hill at one north.
The 2011 profile of homebuyers and sellers created and written by the National Association of Realtors demonstrates For Sale By Owners (FSBO’s) accounted for only 10% of home sales. Also the average FSBO listing sold for $150,000 while the average agent assisted home sold for $215,000. Even though many people think that they can save money and time by selling the home by themselves, this is often not the case. They also usually don’t always understand the trials which come along with selling their home FSBO. The Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers show the hardest tasks for a FSBO are:
? . Understanding the housing marketplace and listing their home at the right price.
? Understanding the paperwork involved and correctly filling everything out.
? Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale. This would be marketing the house, showing the home, responding to phone calls and emails about the home, etc.
? Determining whether or not they should spend extra money to get ready or fix up the home.
? Selling the home within a certain time frame.
Purchasing or selling a house is typically the largest investment most people can make in their lives. Whether you’re investing in a new home or selling your existing home, a real estate agent can help protect your interests and potentially save a large amount of money. We have compiled a list of benefits for both homebuyer and seller.
Reasons To Use A Real Estate Agent When Buying A Home
1. A home buyer is normally not required to pay the real estate agent. When a real estate agent represents a home buyer on a purchase of a home, the commission earned by that agent is paid for by the seller of the house. The commission is removed from the sales price.
2. Real estate agents have access to the MLS (MLS). The MLS is really a serviced provide to real estate agent that gives them the most up today home elevators homes that are accessible in your area.
This service is not open to the general public. With the MLS an agent can find out information regarding the home like, taxes, how long it’s been listed, price changes, special features on the home etc.
3. Agents have knowledge about the region. A real estate agent will be able to tell you about a nearby, schools, activities, recreational areas, etc. that are offered in the areas that you are looking to purchase.
4. Agents learn how to negotiate with the seller on your behalf. Negotiating the price of a house can often get very hard. In today’s market it isn’t uncommon to ask for closing costs to be paid, repairs to be completed, home warranties, or inspections. Often real estate agents are able to negotiate items in the home like washers/dryers, refrigerators, or furniture in to the sale of the house. Your realtors job is to ensure you get the best deal.
5. Agents keep carefully the deal going. Once your offer has been accepted you will have a lot of tasks that need to be completed in a short period of time. Your agent will help you keep track and orchestrate all the tasks required in the buying process.
Reasons To Use A AGENT When Selling A Home
1. A real estate agent is worth the commission. As soon as you actually consider all the things your agent will do for you from enough time they list the house to enough time it sells, the commission paid to that agent is normally money well spent. Quite often an agent should be able to help you get your home sold considerably faster and for more income than you could have by yourself.
2. Agents understand the current housing marketplace. Choose an agent that lives in your area. This agent will understand the neighborhood, home values, benefits of the area, and the local competition.
3. Agents learn how to sell your home. This is their job, and just like any other job should they don’t do a good job they get fired. An agent is a professional and should know what they’re doing. It is often smart to get an agents background prior to permitting them to sell your house. Selling any home takes experience, dedication and knowledge in the forex market. Their job is to attract buyers and sell the house.
4. Agents know what can make houses sell. Your agent can give you suggestions about what could possibly be done to the home to obtain it sold quicker. Anything from staging the home to making minor repairs or upgrades.